Saturday, June 16, 2012

Nesting: A Rag Rug


Finished!

I have a plywood floor.  I really like it, honestly.  But a little rug by my bed is just what I needed.  Ripped up sheets and curtains, purchased secondhand.  Freehand single crochet.

An earlier stage

Want to make this?  All it takes is a knowledge of how to crochet circles and rectangles.  I started with a desired length and width, subtracted the latter from the former, and chained the difference.  At the end of the chain, a half circle, or 3 single crochet.  Single crochet across the bottom of the foundation chain, then another half circle.  End of first round.  Each successive round consists of two straitaways with no increases and two half circles with three increases each.  Or you can simply increase "when it feels right."  My rug used up three curtains and three bedsheets.  One-inch strips and a size N crochet hook make a fairly dense fabric.  Final measurement about 25 x 50 inches.

No comments:

Post a Comment