Saturday, June 9, 2012

One Dress, Revisited



Here's an old friend from last June, my One Dress!  In 2011, I wore this dress every day in June but one, a particular festival day.  In 2012 I made up for it by wearing it on the missed day!  A Plain cap and a matching apron give it a different look, and you can see how much it has faded from use in a year.  I continue to experiment with Plain dress.  The Regency-ish apron gives shape to the unfitted T-tunic dress, although the current length and placement of the straps cause them to fall down constantly.  I think shorter straps (and a higher waist) will fix it.

My community knows that the best way to welcome summer is with facepainting, drinks, and music.  I spent the afternoon lounging on the grass and generally enjoying myself.  While this is not a true Solstice festival (it is a bit early), it serves reasonably well.  And, almost halfway through the calendar year, it is a proper foil to our massive New Year's party.  Happy Summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment