Saturday, July 28, 2012

Liberty!

For twelve years I've been wanting to make this Liberty Cap.  Twelve years ago I wasn't too sure about using double pointed needles and didn't know where to find red wool.  Twelve years, and all it took me when I finally tried was a week!


The pattern I used is popular among reenactors.  I'm not sure about its accuracy to French and American revolutions, but the association is still there: Fight the power!  The pattern is easy enough for a beginner, really, and it can easily be adapted to flat knitting on two needles.  Some use this pattern to make a Link costume, and I also think it would be good for a Night Before Christmas "...Mama in her kerchief and I in my cap...."


Oh, remember the fake Liberty Caps from last year's Bastille Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment