Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Magic of Twig the Fairy

Greetings!  I have been away for a spell, taking a trip in Texas.  And while I may have neglected this blog in that time, I was most certainly accumulating many merry memories.

My visit to Scarborough Renaissance Festival was my second to a "real" renaissance faire, or what most people mean when they speak of faires.  Everything was great, but the one thing I had to see when I went was Twig the Fairy.  She was amazing.  She held kids and adults alike entranced.  She is beautiful, yes, but magical too.  Her expression, gesture, smile, personality, generosity, and love are windows into a world of hope and wonder.  She represents everything that is right about childhood.  We lose some of that rightness as we age, and she reminds us, with a little sprinkling of fairy dust, to return to that innocent joy.


Photo by Alaskan Dude via Flikr, used under Creative Commons


 Visit Twig's website at http://www.twigthefairy.com/, subscribe to her on Twitter (highly recommended), and look for internet videos by fans.  Simply wonderful.

1 comment: